Best Tea Kettle For Gas Stove
Tea is a very popular hot drink that is enjoyed all over the world. There are a couple of ways that you can brew a good cup of tea. Yet, to brew any cup of tea, you need a good tea kettle.
Some tea kettles may look old-fashioned, but today there is a vast range of tea kettles to choose from. All have different designs that are pleasing to look at.
A tea kettle that you use on a gas stove is much different from an electric kettle, and much more durable. Hence, as there are so many to select from it can be a bit overwhelming knowing where to start looking.
Therefore, we have put together a list of the best tea kettles for a gas stove that you can buy right now.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Best Tea Kettle For Gas Stove
Whistling Tea Kettle with iCool
The Whistling Tea Kettle with a cool handle features the latest in thermal protection. This is due to the handle that will cool down in only a couple of seconds after turning your stovetop off.
The handle stays cool, so you don’t have to worry about burning yourself or needing gloves to handle the kettle.
Alongside that, there is another push button mechanism, so you don’t need to touch any metal parts when using and pouring this kettle.
This tea kettle has a large capacity that will be able to make tea for your entire family. Our tests showed us that this kettle will whistle loudly, so you can hear it from another room once the water has boiled.
It is made from surgical stainless steel, alongside a layer of iron between two aluminum layers. This results in this kettle heating up quickly.
- Free Tea Infusers - This tea kettle comes with tea infusers that will help you brew the perfect tasting cup of tea that is possible.
- Handle - The handle on this kettle has been specially designed to cool down and remain cool even after it has been heated up. Thus, you can confidently touch the handle without the fear of burning yourself.
- Whistle - The whistle on this kettle is loud and can be heard from another room. Thus, you can easily know when the water in your kettle has boiled.
- Warranty - In case anything goes wrong, this tea kettle comes with a year warranty.
- Heavy - There is no denying that this kettle is a little heavy. This is due to being so large, because it can contain a lot of water to make a lot of tea.
Also available to purchase at Pykal and Walmart.
OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
You may want a more classic-looking tea kettle, this is where OXO comes in. This tea kettle is made from high-quality stainless steel, which has been treated to resist rust.
There is also a heat-resistant silicone handle and spout. This is so you can pour and handle this tea kettle with ease.
While trying out this kettle, we noticed that the handle was slightly curved, which made pouring from this kettle easy yet comfortable.
Once the water has boiled, you will hear a loud whistling sound. The handle even moves, so that you can collapse it down when storing in a cupboard.
Alongside this, there is a large lid that makes filling this kettle up with water a breeze. It also makes cleaning this kettle easier as well.
- Silicone Handle - The silicone handle and spout mean that there is no chance of your burning your hands while touching this kettle.
- Handle - The handle can be pushed down, so it is out of the way. This then makes storing this kettle easier, as it can become smaller due to moving the handle.
- Durable - OXO Brew is made from stainless steel, which is very durable. It is also a material that you can rely upon to last.
- Classic - There is no denying that this tea kettle has a very simple yet classic-looking design that a lot of people love.
- Rust - Even though the steel has been treated, some customers have raised concerns that after a period, rust began forming on their kettles.
Also available to purchase at OXO.
BELANKO Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
Every BELANKO stainless steel tea kettles look really attractive. This tea kettle uses food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, to ensure that it is corrosion and rust-resistant.
Yet, the steel also means that this kettle will heat up quickly. Like other tea kettles on our list, the BELANKO kettle has a whistle function that you will hear over any other noise in your home.
The whistle will remind you about your kettle, so you don't forget to turn it off.
What we like about this kettle is that it is a perfect size. It has a capacity of 2.7 quarts, which results in around 12 cups of tea from one boil.
The handle has been insulated with silicone, so you can lift the teapot without any fear of receiving any burns.
There is also a simple button that allows you to open the spout without having to go near any steam. This kettle is completely safe to use for anyone.
- Stylish - The BELANKO stainless steel tea kettle has a very stylish look. It looks very modern and will fit into any home really naturally.
- Capacity - This tea kettle can hold around 2.7 quarts of water, which is enough to make around 12 cups of tea from one boil. Hence, it is the perfect size for any household that loves a good cup of tea.
- Silicone handle - The handle has been coated in silicone, so it is easy to pick up without fear of getting burnt.
- Spout Button - There is a button that is pressed down to open the spout, this reduces your chances of getting burnt from the steam.
- Not wood - The images of this product are a little deceiving, as the handle isn’t made from wood at all. Yet the handle is still comfortable and easy to handle.
Also available to purchase at Ubuy.
ROCKURWOK Tea Kettle
The ROCKURWOK tea kettle is made from durable 304 stainless steel, which helps protect this tea kettle from rust.
The materials to make this kettle are at a professional food grade standard, thus you can be assured that you will get years of use from this kettle.
This tea kettle is available in three different colors: white, pink, and yellow. Each kettle has a high-temperature coating to protect the paint from any high heat. It also makes cleaning much easier.
The handle and kettle lid on this tea kettle is made from solid wood. From our tests, this allows you to handle both areas with confidence.
It is very easy to lift and pour from this kettle. The spout has a thumb press design, which not only protects your hands but allows for one-handed pouring.
Overall, a reliable and confident feeling tea kettle.
- Wooden Elements - The wooden elements of this kettle, allow you to handle and pour this kettle with ease. There is no worry about burning yourself, from this kettle.
- Spout - The spout of this kettle has been specially designed with a thump wooden leaver. This not only allows you to open the spout easily with no risk of getting burnt. Yet, it also allows you to pour this kettle with just one hand.
- Heat Protective Coating - A heat-protective coating has been applied to the tea kettle. Hence, you don’t have to worry about the paint chipping and making cleaning this kettle a lot easier as well.
- Price - Compared to other kettles on the market, the ROCKURWORK is very affordable and reasonably priced.
- Small - Overall, this kettle can’t hold a lot of water. Therefore, it is much better for personal use than for large gatherings.
Also available to purchase at Walmart and Ubuy.
SUSTEAS Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle
The SUSTEAS stovetop whistling tea kettle is a much more premium-looking tea kettle. A whistling tea kettle is ideal for any busy home, as you’ll be able to hear the whistle over anything.
This kettle has a 2.64-quart capacity, which is able to provide a fresh cup of tea to the entire family.
The base of this kettle consists of 5 layers of iron, aluminum, and steel. We discovered that this kettle will heat up quicker than any other kettle that you have ever owned.
A silicone handle helps prevent any burns, and a push-button mechanism makes pouring simple and easy. SUSTEAS is a premium brand and this kettle feels premium.
The design is simple, except for the simple brand logo that is placed on. It looks sleek and would fit into another kitchen easily.
However, if you aren't happy with the kettle, then there is a year warranty in case you need it.
- Heats Quickly - The base is made up of around 5 layers of steel, iron, and aluminum. All these layers help this kettle heat up water extremely quickly, so you can have your tea quicker than ever before.
- Stylish - The SUSTEAS tea kettle has a very simple yet sleek design. It is eye-catching and could fit into any kitchen easily.
- Push Button Mechanism - This kettle has been designed with a push-button mechanism, which allows you to open the spout easily. Thus, you can pour this kettle easily.
- Paint - Some customers have claimed that the paint on their kettle started to chip after extended use. However, customers who purchased the white tea kettle noticed discoloration after a couple of uses.
Also available to purchase at SUSTEAS.
Tea Kettle Buyer’s Guide
Finding the right tea kettle for a gas stove can be daunting as there are a lot on the market. There are lots of different designs available, therefore you may be unsure where to start looking.
This is why we have created this short little guide that will go over some of the key points that you need to be considering when purchasing your new tea kettle for a gas stove.
It might seem obvious, but you need to think about how much water you want your tea kettle to hold. This then comes down to whom this tea kettle is for.
If it is for personal use, then you don't need a very large tea kettle. A small one will do the job nicely and have some extra capacity if you have a couple of guests over for tea.
However, if this kettle is for larger households, then you want to make sure that your kettle can handle that. So it may seem obvious, but you should always think about the capacity of your tea kettle.
The last thing you want is to buy a tea kettle that has a much larger capacity than you need.
Alongside that, it is important to note that a larger capacity kettle will mean that the kettle itself is going to be bigger and possibly heavier.
So you need to be aware of how much space you have on your stovetop and if you are going to be able to lift the kettle when it is full of water. This is because the kettle will become much heavier once it is full of water.
Most gas stovetop tea kettles are made from stainless steel. This is because stainless steel is very durable and doesn't affect the water that it contains in any way.
The base of your tea kettle is critical, as you want it to have a base with steel and iron. This helps improve the performance of your kettle. These two materials together help make the kettle heat up and boil the water a lot quicker.
Another material that you will find on most kettles is silicone. This is normally used on the handle, spout, and kettle lid. This material doesn't get hot, so it makes touching and pouring the kettle a lot easier to do.
Sometimes wood is used instead of silicon, and really there isn't much competition between both materials. This is due to both materials being able to stay cool and make handling the tea kettle safe and easy.
However, when it comes to the handle, you want it to be comfortable. This could be down to the material that is chosen or the angle of the handle itself.
Either way, you need to make sure that you are happy with the design and material of the handle, as this is the thing that is going to protect your hands from getting burnt.
Whistle: Yes or No?
You will have noticed that a lot of the kettles that we have spoken about in this article have a whistling feature. You don’t have to buy a tea kettle with a whistling feature, but they are a nice add-on to have.
The whistling feature helps let you know when the water has boiled in the kettle. It is then a reminder that you need to turn the stove off. Otherwise, the water will begin to evaporate in the kettle, which would ruin the insides of your kettle.
Generally, the whistling feature is quite loud, so you can't ignore it. Some people don’t like this feature and will stand over the stove waiting for the kettle to boil.
However, we suggest buying a kettle with the whistling feature, because it makes the process of boiling the water much easier.
You don't have to stand over the kettle waiting, you can go away and do something else, and the kettle will let you know when it is ready.
There are a variety of tea kettles on the market. Some are quite affordable and others are much more expensive. Therefore, there will be a tea kettle to fit any budget.
However, before looking at the price, you need to make sure that your kettle is made out of good quality materials. Whilst also being able to heat the water well.
You don't want to buy an expensive kettle, and it struggles to boil your water. Therefore, as there are so many kettles out there, don't let price sway your judgment.
Everyone loves a good cup of tea, and the longest part is waiting for the water to boil. In this article, we have given you the best tea kettles for a gas stove.
Now there is no excuse not to buy the perfect tea kettle for your gas stove, so you can make delicious cups of tea in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Glass Tea Kettles Be Used On A Gas Stovetop?
A glass tea kettle can be used on a gas stove. They are a very new and modern tea kettle, but you can use them like any other tea kettle.
You can even brew in a glass tea kettle, you have a lot more control over the tea. This is because you can actually see the tea and the color as it steeps.
What Are The Safest Materials To Have Your Tea Kettle Made Out From?
There are two materials that are completely safe to boil water in. These are stainless steel and glass. Both materials are inexpensive and free of any toxins that could alter the water while it is boiling.
Hence, this is why the majority of tea kettles are made from stainless steel. You will notice some kettles made from other materials, but the two you should stick to are glass and stainless steel.