Best Matcha Desserts Recipes
This Japanese-grown green powder is primarily grown in two Japanese regions: Uji in Kyoto and Nishio in the Aichi prefecture. Tea leaves grown for Matcha are specially shade-grown over the course of three weeks in Spring.
When choosing Matcha Powder for your desserts you can choose Culinary Grade which is great for baking. It is not as pricey as the ceremonial grade made from the 1st Harvest. Culinary grade is not as vibrant green but tastes delicious in your baked goods and still has many benefits.
The health benefits of green tea leaves include lowering blood pressure and blood sugar and helping prevent cancer as well as fighting obesity. These Matcha Desserts give you health benefits all while tasting delicious. Many are gluten-free and vegan as well.
Delicious Matcha Desserts
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies by About a Mom – The green tea flavor blends perfectly with the basic sugar cookie recipe. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies by Natalies Health – Dense, chewy, and flavorful, Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect guilt-free treat. These matcha cookies are loaded with SUPERFOODS, nutritious, and made without refined sugars – so HEALTHY! Have one or two for breakfast, as a snack, or as an indulgent afternoon treat with your coffee or tea.
- Vegan Matcha Cookies by My Vegan Minimalist – Bakery-worthy vegan matcha cookies. These are gooey and moist, whilst crunchy on the outside. Super easy and fail-proof.
- Matcha Gingerbread Cutout Cookies by Kitchen Heals Soul -These matcha gingerbread cutout cookies are flavored with honey, ground ginger, and matcha green tea powder. The matcha cookies are dipped in white chocolate and coated in sanding sugar to make them sparkle!
- Matcha White Chocolate Cookies by Taste of Homemade – Matcha white chocolate cookies, with a light green tea flavor and dotted with white chocolate chips, are reminiscent of a matcha latte in the form of a chewy cookie.
Cupcakes, Cakes, and Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Matcha Pound Cake by Plant Prosperous – A moist vegan pound cake with a matcha marble twist. The addition of lemon in the loaf and in the coconut frosting adds a light citrus taste to this delicious vegan dessert.
- Matcha Tiramisu by Renana’s Kitchen – the word tiramisu in Italian means “pick me up”, “cheer me up” or “lift me up”, I can promise you that this cake will definitely cheer you up and lift you up to a delight moment! Make it with Espresso Powder or Matcha.
- Matcha Buttercream by Honest and Truly – This simple and delicious matcha buttercream frosting is a perfect unique top to your favorite cupcakes and cakes!
- Banana Matcha Cupcakes by The Yummy Bowl – A great recipe to bake for this Easter Holiday Season and also whenever you want to prepare something healthy and quick to satisfy your sugar cravings.
- Matcha Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins by Pretty Sweet Blog – Matcha pairs great with chocolate, so the pieces of chocolate in the muffins really make them extra good.
- Keto Matcha Mug Cake by Healthy Life Trainer – This matcha green tea cake is so fluffy and has a strong green tea flavour; it has a slightly sweet taste as the matcha flavor shines and helps to balance out the sweetness of the cake.
- Pistachio Muffins by Urban Farmie -These delicious pistachio muffins are made with a banana bread base, and have matcha as a complement to the sweetness. Perfect for breakfast, or dessert!
- Matcha Tea Crepes by A Mummy Too – Here an unusual alternative to the traditional crepe: gluten-free matcha tea pancakes with a berry sauce. They’re delicate and frilly, just like crepes should be.
- Green Tea Waffles by Little Sunny Kitchen – Make these beautiful green tea matcha waffles to boost your energy levels in the morning or perhaps to celebrate St Patrick’s Day!
- Chocolate Matcha Pancakes by Strength and Sunshine – Chocolate Matcha Pancakes will leave you feeling energized for the day, mind, body, and spirit!
- Lemon Matcha Pancakes by Pink Fortitude – These pancakes are gluten-free and vegan and full of energizing superfoods like lemon, blueberries, matcha, and acai.
- Matcha Smoothie Bowl by Shivani Loves Food – This matcha smoothie bowl is thick, creamy, and made with just 5 healthy ingredients. A recipe for a tasty smoothie bowl that is sure to hit the spot!
- Ginger Matcha Smoothie Bowl by Casual Foodist – Loaded with Greek yogurt, tropical fruit, matcha, and ginger this smoothie bowl with keep you energized throughout the day.
- Matcha Tea Porridge Bowl by The Yummy Bowl – An easy and yummy breakfast porridge bowl that takes less than 10 minutes to throw together. It’s a simple blend of oatmeal, matcha green tea, vanilla, almond or oat milk (choose your favorite milk), coconut, honey and topped up with banana slices, peanut butter, pomegranate seeds, almonds, white currants.
- Matcha Coconut Chia Oats by Flavor the Moments – Matcha overnight oats are an easy overnight oats recipe with matcha green tea, coconut and chia seeds. They’re a delicious vegan and gluten-free breakfast!
- Green Tea Ice Cream with two ingredients by Babaganosh – Whip up a batch of this Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream in 10 minutes with just two healthy ingredients.
- Simple overnight Matcha Ice Cream by Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream – This easy matcha ice cream sings with matcha flavor, is egg-free and simple to make with or without an Ice Cream Maker.
- Frozen Yogurt by Side Walk Shoes – If you are looking for another way to get all that green tea goodness, this Matcha Green Tea Frozen Yogurt is perfect! Light and refreshing and good for you!
- Vegan Coconut Matcha Ice Cream by Strength and Sunshine – This creamy coconut matcha ice cream is gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and packed with superfood nutrients. A delicious dessert recipe you can whip up in a flash; no freezing or ice cream maker required!
More Matcha Desserts
- Matcha Green Tea Mochi by Fearless Dining – This gluten-free matcha green tea mochi is a delicious Japanese dessert that is so easy to make.
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding by Fearless Dining – This Matcha green tea chia pudding with coconut makes a wonderful breakfast or snack. Just dump the ingredients into a container and put the container in your refrigerator overnight. Wake up to a creamy matcha chia pudding breakfast!
- Matcha Chia Pudding Bowl by The Forked Spoon – This Matcha pudding bowl is topped with bright tropical fruit and sprinkled with coconut.
- Matcha Gummy Bears by Cooking with Janica – I love eating a handful of these matcha bears in the morning for an energy boost or snacking on a few after lunch to help get me through the rest of the day.
- Protein Balls by Low Carb Yum- Looking for a new keto-friendly snack to power you through the day? Then check out these low-carb protein balls with matcha collagen.